CM issues guidelines for Lockdown 4.0 in Gujarat
Chief Minister of the state Mr. Vijay Rupani lauded the efforts of the citizens for their co-operation with the administration amidst the pandemic and urged them to continue the same for Lockdown 4.0 as announced by the Central Government.
Taking into consideration the guidelines issued by the Central Government, the Chief Minister announced guidelines for Lockdown 4.0 in Gujarat based on containment and non-containment zones. They are as under:
For containment zones:
- Only essential items and services will be permitted for containment zones.
- Shops supplying these items and services shall be operational from 8 am to 3 pm.
- Containment zones to be decided based on the number of COVID-19 cases.
For non-containment zones:
- Rickshaw services, with not more than 2 passengers, to resume except for Ahmedabad and Surat.
- Shops can be open from 8 am to 4 pm.
- Market area, shopping complexes to resume based on odd-even formula of their shop numbers. Shops with numbers as 1,3,5,7 etc to remain operational on one day and shops with numbers as 2,4,6,etc to remain operational on the other day.
- Only 5 persons to be allowed in a shop at a given point of time.
- People residing in containment zones ( be it government employees, shop owners, labourers etc) are prohibited to travel outside their area.
- Economic activities to resume in Western part of Ahmedabad.
- No relaxations have been granted for Eastern Ahmedabad.
- T buses to resume in Gujarat except for the city of Ahmedabad.
- Only 50 people to be allowed for marriage ceremonies.
- Only 20 people to be permitted for cremation and its related rituals.
- Paan shops to resume outside containment zones. However, they shall only provide take away orders.
- Hair salon, beauty parlours , barber shops to resume in accordance with safety protocols.
- Public libraries to re-open with 60% capacity.
- Private cars, cabs, taxis to resume with not more than 2 passengers (+1 driver) per cab. However, this is not applicable to Eastern Ahmedabad.
- Restaurants to provide home deliveries only provided their staff has a health card issued by the authorities.
- Dhabas outside city limits to resume.
- Private offices with 33% staff to resume except for East Ahmedabad.
- Repair shops, service stations, garages etc shall resume.
- Private cars and two wheelers are permitted. Only one person in a two wheeler and not more than 2 people ( +1 driver) in four wheelers.
- Textile markets to resume in Surat based on odd-even formula.
- Diamond units, weaving units and power looms to resume with 50% staff and adequate safety measures.
- Vehicles with goods are permitted to travel across the state.
- People found spitting in public will be fined Rs.200. Those without a mask in public spaces will be fined Rs.200.
- N-95, triple layer masks will be available at Amul parlours for ₹ 65 and ₹ 5 respectively .
- College/Schools, coaching class, malls, theatres, temples, gardens etc to remain closed across the state.
- Vegetables vendors and those associated with essential services have been permitted at the moment. Other vendors, city buses services and private bus services to remain closed.
- Hotels, except those used for purposes related to COVID-19, shall remain closed.
- Curfew to be implemented from 7 pm to 7 am based on MHA guidelines.
The above guidelines will be in effect from 19th May, 2020 to 31st May, 2020.
Source: Information Department, Gujarat