Decisions to be implemented from Academic Year 2023-24
Class 10 and Class 12 general stream board exams will now have an increased number of objective-oriented questions. Additionally, in descriptive questions, a general option will be provided, eliminating internal options
Students who have failed Class 10 can take supplementary exams in three subjects instead of two, while students who have failed Class 12-General Stream will be able to take supplementary exams in two subjects
The re-examination for all subjects in the Class 12 Science Stream will be conducted in June and July
A top-level meeting presided over by Chief Minister Shri Bhupendra Patel was convened in Gandhinagar, which included the participation of the Minister of Education, the Minister of State for Education, and senior secretaries
Chief Minister Shri Bhupendra Patel has taken several significant decisions in the best interest of the students of Gujarat. These decisions were discussed in a top-level meeting chaired by the Chief Minister, aligning with National Education Policy 2020 introduced by the Central Government under the leadership of Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
These decisions were made during a meeting held by Minister of Education Dr. Kuber Dindor, MoS for Education Shri Praful Pansheriya, Chief Secretary Shri Raj Kumar, Chief Principal Secretary to Chief Minister Shri K. Kailashnathan, and senior secretaries.
Upon reviewing the presentations and submissions presented by the Education Department, the Chief Minister made the following decisions:
– A re-examination for all Class-12 Science stream subjects is scheduled for June/July. Students who have successfully completed the Science stream of Class 12 can opt to re-examine all subjects or any of their choice for grade improvement. The higher of the two exam results (Best of Two) will be considered.
– Students who have failed their Class 10 examinations will have the option to take supplementary exams in three subjects, instead of two.
– Students who have failed in the Class-12th general stream can take supplementary exams in two subjects, rather than one subject.
– For the Class 10 and Class 12 general stream board exams, the proportion of objective questions increased from 20% to 30% and the proportion of descriptive questions decreased from 80% to 70%. Additionally, general options will be given for all descriptive questions instead of internal options.
– In the board exams of Class 12-Science Stream, instead of retaining 50% MCQs (0MR) and 50% descriptive questions, all questions will now have general options, as decided in this meeting.
These decisions will be implemented from the academic year 2023-24. The Education Department has already issued the necessary directives in this regard.
Source: Information Department, Gujarat