Latest News

CM Shri Vijay Rupani, in the presence of Dy CM Shri Nitinbhai Patel, chairs a core committee meeting and takes various important decisions pertaining to curb the prevailing COVID-19 situation in the State.

Seven significant decisions have been taken by ‘Core Committee’, headed by CM, DCM, for curbing transition of Covid-19 in Gujarat

Committee decides to setup ‘Covid Care Centre’ with capacity of 500 beds in eight major cities of Gujarat. Eight senior IAS-IFS officials have been entrusted with responsibility of supervision-coordination of these ‘Covid Care Centres’.


Ahmedabad: Gujarat Government’s Core Committee, headed by Chief Minister Mr. Vijaybhai Rupani and Deputy Chief Minister Mr. Nitinbhai Patel, today in its meeting held in Gandhinagar, has taken seven significant decisions pertaining to curb the rising cases of transition of Covid-19 in the state.

With an objective to curb the transition of ‘Corona’ in the state, the Chief Minister has instructed to ensure the sufficient supply of ‘Oxygen’ for the treatment of Corona positive patients.

It was decided at the meeting that private oxygen producing companies of Gujarat should keep aside 60 per cent of their production for Covid-19 cases and the remaining 40 per cent for industrial use.

The Chief Minister and Deputy Chief Minister have entrusted the responsibility of coordination of starting 500-500 bed Covid Care Centres in the eight municipal corporations of the state under the supervision of eight IAS-IFS officers. They are Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot, Junagadh, Jamnagar, Bhavnagar and Gandhinagar.

In districts, the respective Collectors can give permission to start Covid Care Centres as per the need.

Looking to the constant rise in the number of Covid cases, the Core Committee also decided to let private nursing homes and clinics without ICU or ventilators facilities can start Dedicated Covid Health Centres and Dedicated Covid Care Centres. The Dedicated Covid Healthcare Centres can charge maximum Rs. 2,000 per day and Dedicated Covid Care Centres Rs. 1,500 per day.

The cost of Remdesivir injection is not included in this.

The Chief Minister and Deputy Chief Minister decided to hold Core Committee meeting regularly and that Remdesivir injection will be made available for those infected with Coronavirus the next 3 to 5 days on no-profit-no-loss basis at Sola Civil, SVP Hospital, Gujarat Cancer Society Hospital and LG and Nagari Hospitals.

However, to check spread of the virus the triple layer mask is compulsory and to be worn the correct way. The government decided to make available triple layer mask from Amul parlour and APMC markets at token price of Rs one each.

Those present at the meeting included Additional Chief Secretary M.K. Das, Principal Health Secretary Jayanti Ravi, Food and Drug Commissioner Hitesh Koshia, Health Commissioner Jaypraksh Shivhare and others.

Source: Information Department, Gujarat